Thursday July 25th, 2019
- 10:00 am – 3:00 pm – Packet pick-up at Movin’ Shoes
- 6:00pm – Neighborhood pre-race party beginning at 6pm at Bernie’s Beach hosted by JJdDJ!
- 7:00 pm – Packet pickup starts @ Olin Park Shelter
- 8:10 pm – On-site Kids’ Race Registration ends ($1 each, kids will receive a “prize pack”, but no race shirt)
- 8:15 pm – Kids’ Run (approx. 400 yards)
- 8:30 pm – Packet-pick up ends and runners should begin walking to Bernie’s Beach from the Olin Park Shelter for the race start
- 8:40pm – Last person should begin walking to the start at Bernie’s Beach
- 9:00pm – 5k race start
- 9:30 – 10:00pm – post-race refreshments, awards, and raffle prize giveaway!
- 10:00pm – Our friends at Lucky’s 1313 Brew Pub have invited us over to celebrate our community and the Full Moon 5K immediately following the award ceremony. They will have drink specials for anyone with their Full Moon 5K race bib, starting at 10 pm. Address: 1313 Regent St, Madison, WI 53715
The Full Moon Run course is a 5K loop around Monona Bay. It begins at Bernie’s Beach heading west on Shore Dr., follows around Bay to Brittingham Park bike path which runs all the way to John Nolen Dr., crosses John Nolen at the lights and then takes the Nolen bike path South (right) back to Olin park for the finish. The Kids’ Run is a shorter course going around the Olin Park Shelter.
Click here to see the course that was used in 2008 due to construction around the Monona Bay Area.
With up to 500 runners at this race, it’s important everyone knows where to park! Please use one of the following 8 locations when you arrive.
1) Lower Commuter Lot Enter from south on John Nolen Dr. at E Olin Ave or from Olin (will fill fast 40 cars)
2) Main Lot Entry off E.Lakeside – DO NOT PARK IN THE BOAT STALLS – the spaces in the center of the lot are reserved for boats/trailers only, car stalls are located on the perimeter furthest from the boat launch. Cars have been ticketed in the past for parking in the incorrect spots.
3) Olin/Turville Ct. (Street Parking)
4) Olin Turville Ct Across E.Lakeside
5) Sayle Street (The street the VFW is on) – Turn off E. Lakeside at VFW
6) Van Deusen Street(Sayle and Van Deusen connect at the corner
7) Wingra Parkway(Olin Avenue look for Wingra Creek bridge.
8) Goodman Pool Parking Lot (Olin Avenue) .
Run Down the Wolf
We are continuing to bring back our traditional challenge…Run Down the Wolf! In keeping with the theme of the race, we will have a werewolf running the Full Moon Run! Beat the wolf and win a free pair of socks from Balega!
Wolf Pack Award
It’s not about how fast you run, or how slow. In our community, it’s about running as a pack. We get out there. We throw down. And we do it together. Our pack is made up of all sorts of runners, and they all support one another. To celebrate our core runners, we will offer the Wolf Pack Award to the male and female who finish in the exact middle of the results. There is no way to train for this, no algorithm, and no “secret sauce.”
Brightest Moon Award
We are bringing this back again this year! The participant that comes the best dressed with the most “luminous” crazy lights and reflectors will win the Brightest Moon Award and receive a $25 gift card to the store! The winner will be voted upon by the race staff.
Overall and Age Groups
- $200 for a new race record
- Age Group Awards (by 10 year increments)
- *Awards will be given for the following:
- 1st female and male overall (2 total)
- 1st place age group finishers (16 total)
- age groups: 12 & under | 13–19 | 20–29 | 30–39 40–49 | 50–59 | 60–69 | 70+
- Note: Raffle will start approximately at 9:40 and the runner must be present to receive prize. There will be tons of raffle give-a-ways!
- In accordance with WIAA regulations, high school athletes are ineligible for awards.
The Full Moon Kids’ Run is approximately 400 yards and will take place around the Olin Park Shelter. Cost is just $1 each, and registration begins on race day at 7:00pm at the Shelter. Each child will receive a special prize pack that will contain various goodies. Registration will close at 8:10pm, and the run will begin promptly at 8:15pm when it is still light out.
We will have plenty of staff and volunteers to help the parents and children make their way around the shelter. To make it fun, and keep with the Full Moon theme, one of our staff will be dressed up as a friendly wolf who will also participate.
We hope to see you out there! Ahhhh-oooooohh!